R package installation instructions
- Please make sure that the GSL library is installed. You will find them in most Linux distributions' repositories. There is also a port for Windows  and an installer for Mac OS X .
- From R, run install.packages("libamtrack").
Linux, binary distributions
- For local installation without root privileges (e.g. as user parryhotter in a folder /home/parryhotter/R):
- Make sure that the destination folder /home/parryhotter/R exists. If not please create it.
- In the console (not within R), run from the folder you downloaded the package into: R CMD INSTALL ./libamtrack.tar.gz -l /home/parryhotter/R
- To use libamtrack then in an R session type library(libamtrack, lib.loc="/home/parryhotter/R")
- To uninstall the package again run (in the console again): R CMD REMOVE libamtrack -l /home/parryhotter/R
- For installation using root privileges:
- From the folder you downloaded the package into, run (in the console) sudo R CMD INSTALL ./libamtrack.tar.gz
- This will install libamtrack into a system folder so any user can deploy it using library(libamtrack) during an R session.
- To uninstall the package again run (in the console) R CMD REMOVE libamtrack
Windows, binary distributions
- Start R (i.e. the R GUI). In the menu bar you will find “Packages” and “Install packages from local zip-file”. Navigate to the directory you downloaded the file to and select it.
- After successful installation, use library(libamtrack) to start working.
- You can use auto-completion for functions in R: typing “AT.” and pressing “tab” twice will give you a list of available functions.